Saturday, November 13, 2010

Future Star Stencil

Happy Saturday!
Thanksgiving is coming up and I am getting stressed. But, that doesn't stop me from working on projects on the BOTTOM of my To-Do List. Ha!

Today's project is a "BING" light bulb idea I had last week. I have seen lots of fun projects out in blogland using freezer paper stencils.
Heeeellllllooooo! Where have I been?

Lacrosse season is coming up and I wanted to make to cool shirts for my boys, Lazy Boy and Drama. Here is Drama modeling my SECOND attempt. I'm not even going to post the first shirt. Yuck!


beautiful fall day


I am so happy the way this turned out. Now, I have got a bunch of LAX ideas on my scribble pad ready to go.

Want to know how?
There are a ton of tutorials on the interwebz, so I'll hook you up with a couple of good ones:
Dana at Made
Cheri at I am Momma

Here is a couple of tips.

I design my graphic in Pages, cuz I'm a Mac girl and Photoshop stupid. It's easy to manipulate images and resize.

When cutting your stencil, put a fresh blade into your Exacto knife. Totally makes a difference.

Use a piece of freezer paper behind the fabric so that the paint doesn't soak through. DO NOT use cardboard.

Use the paint designed especially for fabric. I like Tulip Soft Fabric Paint, in Matte. It's cheap ($1.69 a bottle) and comes in many color. It's the perfect consistency to paint, leave a good coat of color and not bleed through.

DO NOT use watery, acrylic paint.

Use a specialty brush. Also inexpensive, and sold right next to the fabric paint.
DO NOT use a big, foam brush, unless you have a large area to cover.

Hope to make a lot more stencils and finish, FINISH a few projects this weekend.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment